https://gannettministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/second_post.png 270 371 Ron Gannett https://gannettministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/logo-final-revised.png Ron Gannett2012-05-20 21:02:262017-09-04 11:18:50Leadership Qualifications: Balancing Tensions
Churches are usually mindful of the biblical qualifications for spiritual leaders in the church found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. Since leaders live in a world of tension, here are some balances which might be helpful when looking for people to serve.
Is this person recognized as…
- Godly but human? Their walk with God is self-evident yet they have an honest and approachable style.
- Visionary but compassionate? They blend a passion for building a shared vision and gently help others grow into it.
- Leading but following? They are good leaders because they know how to follow well.
- Resourceful but dependent on God? They blend faith and works doing what they can but give the glory to God.
- Decisive but listening? They can make a bold decision but willing leave bias at the door to honestly consider the expressions of others.
- Active but empowering? They model faithful participation in the ministry, stewardship and service with a passion to release others to do the same.
- Seeking unity but allowing conflict? They realize that honest and gracious debate can build stronger relationships, unity and ownership.
- Responsible but accountable? They take responsibility for a project but are open to questions and accountability.
- Measuring success but accepting of intangibles? They desire systems that lead to success but recognize realities which cannot be measured or expected.
- Mature but growing? They have an unquenchable desire to know and honor God in new and fresh ways.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!